* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
1/5May 01, 2009
Reviewer: Mary in Ohio
* I have used quite a bit of protein powders before in the past since 1988. I have gone between soy and whey. Naturade, for whatever reason, has chosen to make the WORST tasting, mixing formula out there in this product. I know what normal Soy powder tastes like; and in general, it isn't so pleasant. This is by far the bottom of the rung.
It is chalky, sour, gloppy (mixed with a blender no less!), and a mess to clean up after. If you choose this formula you need to know that it takes: 1/3 scoop of Stevia or Splenda just to get it sweet. Any additional flavors you add to it, (and you will need it) double the amount you usually use.
* Just to balance out the very negative review, I have this and was pleased with it. BUT - I have never used it as a beverage. Not sure why you wouldn't go with a flavored variety for that use...
I use it for LC baking and it works well and tastes fine - very neutral as you would hope. I have used it in both pancakes and crepes and they are very, very tasty (recipes from Eades' Low Carb Comfort Food Cookbook).
* I have used many soy protein powders and thus far this is my new favorite!! It is versatile and the mildness allows you to make it either in cooking or smoothies. I make it into a pudding like consistency and loooooove it. "High Five" Naturade :)
* This tastes good to me. I like the taste of soy protein, and I particularly like that it is NOT overly sweetened. Mixes well with water or fruit juice. I have used a little for baking, but mainly to drink as a protein shake, with no added flavor.