* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
5/5September 21, 2009
Reviewer: Matt in Missouri
* Grea, I love this product. I ordered two cases and am going to order two more very soon. If you can get past the sugar alcohol its great.
* As a complete chocoholic, I HIGHLY recommend this bar. I LOVE the flavor! One of the better protein bars I have ever tried - and I've tried most of the ones on the market. I need to sample the other flavors and hope they are as satisfying as this one was.
This review is specific to Optimal Protein Diet Bars, Fudge Truffle
* I've only tried the toasted coconut, which were pretty tasty for a protein bar, so far but they are a very good meal replacement or snack to keep you on track.
I keep one with me at all times when I'm going between my stores or somewhere that I'm not sure when I'll be able to eat or in a tempting situation with other sweets around. I just ordered the peanut butter and hope they are just as good as the coconut.
Can't beat only 1 carb per bar, high in protein and the price is very reasonable. I'm living a very low carb and sugar free life-style so these are perfect! They are highly recommended by the "Fat to Skinny" program.
* I was looking for a bar that would simply be a protein supplement, and nothing else. I'm not looking to get any creatine/glutamine/array of vitamins from my protein bars. I tried a few other brands (Muscletech, gnc) but I always felt bloated after eating those. Optimum's bars are low in calorie, and are exactly what they should be - protein supplement bars. I suggest you begin with the Fudge Truffle!