* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
4/5July 19, 2007
Reviewer: Holly in West Virginia
* I suppose the nutty peanut is supposed to be a combination of sweet and salty. I found it to be much more salty than sweet. The sugar ingredients are last or close to last on the relatively short list of ingredients. There is maltitol in it, so be forewarned. Ahead of that are five different kinds of protein, all easily recognizable by the savvy low-carb, high protein dieter. I've had tons and tons of protein bars. Most are terrible. This one isn't. I'm only taking it down to a four because I would have liked it to be sweeter. I would recommend this bar, especially to someone who likes payday-type candy bars.
This review is specific to Rockin' Roll Bars, Nutty Peanut
* This bar tastes GREAT! It reminds me of a Payday or Salted nut roll. You don't even realize you are eating something that's good for you! Try it.. you will not be sorry. I order a box of 12 at a time because I tend to give them to my friends to try and they are amazed by how yummy it is.. If you are worried about trying the bar, you don't have to buy a box of 12.. you can buy one bar at a great low price.. I assure you though, the next time you may be like me and order a whole box!
* Not only are these bars nutritious, but they are very tasty. They are perfect for that small meal between lunch and dinner; it keeps my metabolism going and helps to avoid feeling famished when I get home from work. When I remember to do so (not during summer months) I keep a bar in car for those days when I have no time to fix something to eat before leaving the house.
* Nutty Peanut: Another bar I really liked until I read the label...far too many artificial sweeteners and flavors to be trusted. The peanut flavor tastes fantastic and the texture is wonderful, but I can make my own great tasting peanut protein bars without using anything questionable. I wish I could recommend this bar, but I can't.
Trail Mix: I did not like these bars - besides the questionable ingredients (too many artificial sweeteners/flavors), they were so hard to chew my jaws ached. I had tried buying these bars from several different places thinking I had a bad batch, but everyone was close to impossible to eat. A big thumbs down for the ingredients and the texture.