* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
1 of 2 people found the following review helpful
3/5April 14, 2009
Reviewer: A customer in New Jersey
* This review relates to the Dulce de Leche flavor.
The flavor is on point although the "syrup" lacks body (more "watery" than "syrupy")
I tried to use it in my coffee and basically had to dump in 1/4 cup to notice a taste difference and the difference was only slight.
This review is specific to Sugar Free Syrup, Dulce de leche
* In general, the DaVinci line of sugar free syrups are pretty good, but I find the flavors to be not true to the descriptions or names & somewhat diluted. I like the Monin flavors better, but the selection is not as good. I wish the DaVinci syrups were thicker & more concentrated. I recently tried the Irish Creme flavor & it tastes nothing like real Irish Creme.
* Not really a fan of this item. It is not what I would call a "syrup", it is a liquid that is the consistency of water. I'm looking for a low carb syrup to put on low carb ice cream, etc, and this isn't it. Maybe as a flavoring for some things it would be ok (the chocolate flavor was fine) but it's not a "syrup". For comparison, I've tried the Walden Farms sugar free syrup, and that is a much better choice, at least for my purposes.
This review is specific to Sugar Free Syrup, Chocolate (plastic)
* Beware of the watermelon flavor. To my taste it was disgusting. It smells and tastes like overripe, rotten watermelon. Really nasty. I won't throw it out, but only add 1 tsp to a pint green tea smoothie. Used very sparingly, it's not as repulsive.
The lime tastes like a Lifesaver candy, not the fruit.
The plain vanilla is unremarkable, tastes like plain wrap vanilla ice cream of low quality.
The Chai Tea is okay. Not my favorite, but others may enjoy it. It's not disgusting, just not to my taste.
The really good ones - Chocolate, Kahlua, Peanut Butter (tastes like pb candy, not the spread), French Vanilla, Toasted Marshmallow, Pancake
* I gave this only a 3 because some flavors are fantastic and deserve a 5 and others you can't even tell what flavor they are supposed to be. Of the ones I've tried, I highly recommend both the caramel and almond, and dissaude anyone from trying the "maple" pancake syrup. Praline and hazelnut were both OK-not "oh wow" but not "yuck" either :D