* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
6 of 6 people found the following review helpful
1/5April 13, 2007
Reviewer: Stephanie in Maryland
* Five carbs a serving is outrageous, and because they used maltitol, you can't even really deduct it from the net carb count. Why would they use maltitol, with all its digestive track upsets, when they could have gone with Erythritol and saved us all a lot of calories and carbs?
* The sugar free chocolate sauce is too thick, glops out of the bottle and has a strange taste. I threw it away. It wasn't worth the money. I was surprised, because their other products are so good. Stay away from this one.
* The second ingredient listed is maltitol syrup which is known to cause gastric problems, such as gas and diarrhea. In my opinion, they should've used liquid sucralose (Splenda), which is in the ingredients but is way down on the list. Great idea but wrong ingredient as far as I'm concerned. I know everyone's entitled to their opinion and I'm sure there are those out there who aren't bothered by maltitol but for me, I'd prefer a product without the sugar alcohols or at least switch the amounts of maltitol and sucralose...
* I wish I'd read some of the reviews before I bought this huge bottle. The sugar free chocolate sauce has an odd, strange taste - you really have to stretch your imagination in order for it to taste even remotely like chocolate. I was surprised, because all of the other Da Vinci products are great. This one is horrible. Don't waste your money, I threw it away.
* The write-up for the sugar free sauces indicates they are sweetened with Sucralose (i.e., Splenda). While there is a small amount of Sucralose used, Sucralose is listed either last or next-to-last in the ingredient list. The primary sweetener in each sauce is Glycerine, which is a sugar alcohol. If you are sensitive to sugar alcohols (bloating, gas, diarrhea), then this product is not for you!