* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
17 of 18 people found the following review helpful
5/5March 27, 2007
Reviewer: Michael in North Carolina
* It is available in large, 1000 mg tabs; cost per mg is less than others; potency is good (45%). I have best results taking two 1000 mg tabs on empty stomach before the weight lifting workout. The next morning, I am much less fatigued after stressing the body from resistance training with Tribulus. Without Tribulus, I believe my testosterone level decreases following resistance training. (The "rise" the next morning after a Tribulus supplemented workout is dramatically "pronounced" as compared to the "droopy" experience at dawn without using a Tribulus supplemented workout.)
* I'm on my second bottle of Tribulus, 1000 mg. I take it with breakfast about an hour before my workout and I take another in the evening with dinner. It's kind of hard to describe how Tribulus works. It doesn't so much help increase test or muscle mass, but it makes you feel great. I read somewhere that it helps increase blood flow and circulation. Definitely helps with libido. It hasn't caused any gynecomastia (male breasts). A lot of people will say it does nothing, however I disagree. Something about taking this supp gives an increase feeling of health and subtly/consistent energy (if that makes any sense). If you can afford it I would take it, but it's definitely not a necessary staple for supps when it comes to weight lifting.
* When I look for a sports nutrition supplement, I have 4 main criteria.
1. It has to be effective
2. Been tested enough to show that it does not damage the body in some way long-term
3. It has to be simple to use
The NOW Tribulus product meets all of the above. Tribulus has been used in natural forms for centuries in Asia, so the risk of long-term use is well-known, and not an issue. This product has 45% sarponins, which is the active ingredient that increase your natural testosterone output, so it is very effective. All you have to do is take 1-2 capsules per day and that's it. No annoying schedules, measuring or mixing to deal with.