* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
5 of 5 people found the following review helpful
5/5April 06, 2007
Reviewer: Charles in Missouri
* NOW's Inulin powder is prebiotic, so when mixed with homemade Kefir, for example, it provides even more probiotic activity. I've found that combining inulin with milk before innoculating with Kefir grains works best and provides a very smooth and creamy Kefir. Four teaspoons per half gallon is great, and we've experienced NO gastrointestinal discomfort. Secondly, this inulin has NO GLUTEN in it, as it is made from Chicory Root. (Some inulin manufacturers use other gluten-based sources.) Finally, NOW's inulin is only 2.5 carb per teaspoon and can be used by diabetics w/out fear of raising their blood sugar. Excellent product.
* I've always had problems with regularity, it doesn't matter what I eat, drink or take as a supplement. I was in Trader Joe's and they had this as a new item so I decided to try it. Absolutely amazing. As long as I take this and eat properly, I'm like clockwork. Anyone who has problems that have not been helped with any of the other fiber supplements should give this a try.
* Our daughter had been taking many prescriptions of antibiotics for inner ear infections. The natural bacteria in her intestines had all been destroyed by the antibiotics and she was having much cramping, diarrhea and constipation. I gave her 1 tsp of Inulin daily and within days she was free of her symptoms. Even now that she is healthy, she asks that we continue to give it to her. As a family we now take it daily to keep our bowels healthy, as a form of fiber, and to aid in digestion and absorption.
* I add inulin powder to my morning breakfast shakes and it's great! It's helpful for weight loss because it has a slight sweetness to it that makes my shakes more satisfying and the extra fiber is excellent for fullness and regularity!! I'll definitely order it again.