* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
1 of 2 people found the following review helpful
5/5June 17, 2008
Reviewer: A customer in Maryland
* These bars are a good meal replacement with enough calories to get me through 2 - 3 hours at the gym with no shaky, blood sugar drop feeling. Nice dry texture and not real sweet like some of the candy bars.
* I've tried a lot of protein bars and Chef Jay's is by far the best. They have a great texture and taste with no chemical after-taste. Since they don't have a chocolate coating they hold up remarkably well in a back pack, ski jacket, or pocket. I've taken these all over the world and have never been disappointed. I highly recommend Tri-O-Plex bars.
* Hands down, this is my favorite bar. I have used Trioplex bars for years, have tried all the rest out there, but find that this is still the best for suiting my needs. The combination of complex carbs, the sources and amount of protein and the taste are what I like so much. As a meal replacement, take a bar, have some water and you're good to go. If you're more in a run, smaller bites keep the fires stoked so you can continue to have the fuel for longer periods.
* These bars are awesome. High protein content and taste pretty good. I've tried Very Berry, Caramel Apple, Cinnamon Raisin, S'mores, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, and Blueberry Muffin, which is no longer carried. An extra plus for me being allergic to nut products is that they are one of the few brands that makes bars without some combination of peanuts, walnuts, peanut butter, etc. Highly recommended.
* Chef Jay's Tri-O-Plex Bars are delicious, contain quality non-gelatin based protein and ingredients (e.g., whole grain rolled oats), and have relatively low levels of sugar. As an added bonus, they don't melt or freeze when I bring them with me on hikes or ski trips. I have been eating CJ's bars on a daily basis for many years, while sampling other bars. I have yet to find a better bar.