* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
1/5September 18, 2010
Reviewer: Yvonne in Norway
* Tastes awful, can't really understand how others can actually recommend this product. Not going to buy this product again.
* I purchased this based on previous reviews and was shocked at what I wound up with. I am very experienced with my bread machine (4 year veteran)... and not sure what happened with this bread mix, but when the machine was finished.. the loaf of bread inside was lopsided as if it bubbled over on one side. The top 1/3 was all crust from the weird shape. I cut into it anyway. I just had to taste it! It was awful. Very chewy and spongy. Nothing new here. I think low carb has come much further than this in both textures and taste. I cannot recommend.
* Had no problem making it in the bread machine; it rose beautifully and baked through just right. The problem is the taste--horrible, even with lots of butter and jam. I couldn't even get my son, who will eat anything, to eat more than one small slice. I eat low carb because of diabetes. Well, folks, I had the highest sugar spike since I stopped eating bread and potatoes. Can't recommend on any level.
* Maybe I just received a bad batch, but I didn't have any luck with this product. I used it in my Sunbeam Bread Machine, followed the directions exactly, and it came out like a brick. It did not rise. Not one to give up, I tried 2 more packages, determined to get it to work. I added an extra tsp of fast rising yeast to the 2nd loaf and a tbl of raw sugar.. it rose slightly, but was still hard as a brick and uneatable. I tried adding the extra yeast and molasses to the 3rd batch, it did rise, but is still very dense and not very tasty.. I have a good recipe for a low carb bread mix that does rise and taste great, so I'll just be sticking to that rather than waste my money on this mix from now on.