* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
4 of 5 people found the following review helpful
1/5April 13, 2014
Reviewer: John in South Carolina
* Here's how to make a mix appear to be low-carb. On the package, show a serving size that would leave a mouse hungry after eating it. The package displays carb levels for a serving of "3" pancakes. However, mixing the amount of flour for that serving yields barely enough batter to make 3 "silver dollar" pancakes -- nowhere near 3 normal-sized ones.
Taste wasn't bad, but the texture was spongy. Will not buy again.
* Just horrible!! They look nice when you make them, but the taste is just awful. I can't explain it...it is like this doughy aftertaste that makes taking another bite pure misery. I didn't want to waste the pancakes, but I ended up throwing them away.
* I bought this based on reviews on this site. Unfortunately I found them to be very wrong. Although the pancakes looked like the proper consistency, they were awful! I put a very small amount of the sugar free syrup on the side and only dipped the pancakes into the syrup and it still didn't help. The consistency is like wet foam! I threw the pancakes away. I have been on low-carb for 5 years and still couldn't stomach these.
* Read the reviews so thought I'd give it a try. Cannot believe people thought this was good. Awful taste. I eat sugar free low carb all the time and this was bad. Oh well, maybe I got a couple bad batches. Hushpuppie mix makes much better pancakes using only water and the mix.
* This is hands down no holds barred the NASTIEST tasting stuff I have ever tried. I'd rather eat socks. No amount of syrup could help mask the horrible taste. I'll take my chances and eat the real stuff and workout a little more to work off the carbs