* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
2 of 4 people found the following review helpful
1/5April 22, 2012
Reviewer: Nia in New York
* I don't believe in grade curves for food. I don't want, "it is good for low carb..." I want, "this is GOOD!" These are NOT good.
* If I could rate this a "0" I would. I had high hopes based on the positive reviews here.
It was vile. It tasted unnatural and did not satisfy my sweet craving or my carb craving. I just cannot fathom the positive reviews. Very disappointed. I threw the batch out -- not even worth trying again or freezing for later consumption.
* I really don't understand all the good ratings. For me, this product tasted like chocolate covered chemicals. Too much butter too. Maybe I should say it tasted like buttery, chocolate covered chemicals.
* This was purchased to give me a 'healthier,' or at least, sugar free, alternative to the Pillsbury sugar free brownies. However, this was a wholly disappointing product, and resulted in a tray of brownies being thrown away. Despite being made with a stick of butter and egg, and cooked as instructed and to where it was moist and presented well, it was overall devoid of taste and any consistency expected of brownies. One would think that with egg and a stick of butter, this would be flavorful and have a moist feel. This was not the case. In fact, the taste that it did have was equivalent to the starchy energy bar. I would not order this product again, nor would I recommend it in any way. I will go back to the Pillsbury version for my sugar-free brownie needs and recommend the Pillsbury brand for those seeking a traditional brownie texture and taste.