* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
12 of 12 people found the following review helpful
4/5November 28, 2008
Reviewer: Melissa in Pennsylvania
* I used this to make a pizza crust, and after having done so, I must urge anyone wanting to buy it to use it only in conjunction with other low carb flour products. The reason being is that alone the texture is a little tough and spongey, and the taste a little strong and off-putting(it overpowered the ingredients atop the pizza). When I made George Stella muffins however, I used the wheat protein only as 1/4 of the entire flour composition (along with 1/4 oat fiber, 1/4 almond meal, and 1/4 flax meal) and the muffins turned out great. So overall the product does what it promises, but don't rely on it too heavily in your baking recipes.
* I used the Wheat Protein Isolate 8000 to bake some bread using it as a replacement for wheat flour. It came out fantastic!! Wow, bread with only 4 carbs per slice, and it looks like, tastes like real bread, not the dry fibrous stuff that you can buy for 7-8$ per loaf. I will be buying a lot of this!!!!
* I have used this product for making pizza crust... besides who doesn't love pizza? The only drawback is the taste is very bland, so never be afraid to use seasoning or herbs (i use dried pizza topping mix of diff veggies & herbs) to help with this small problem. Other than that I am looking to try new recipes, but have had to order more!
* This is a great product to add a bit of chewiness to bread. I use it in a recipe with other flours, whole grains, fiber and isolate to make whole grain bread and it works really well while helping to keep the carb count lower. A customer in Maine