* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
4/5January 23, 2007
Reviewer: Carol in New York
* This product is awesome. To be on low carbs you yearn to eat what everyone else is. This is the closest I've come to real Pancakes. Keep up the good work! Doesn't taste like cardboard!!
* I am a little disappointed in the size of the box, I expected it to be bigger (should have read the description better). However, I decided to make these pancakes for dinner last night. I added a little bit of almond extract to give it a nice flavor because the mix by itself seemed to lack something. They tasted wonderful and filled me up! Just be careful cooking them because they burn fast!
* Tastes exactly like Big Train but has more carbs. You get more for your money here but the trade off in carbs doesn't make it worth it to me. They taste good though. If you've had the Atkins waffle mix which is sadly gone now, it tastes exactly like that too.
* The product is easy to use---very quick to prepare and make. I use it as I can no longer find the Atkins brand or the brand that made the Atkins pancake mix-----it had a name starting with "H"---something like Hanselmann's. I actually thought Atkins/Hanselmann's pancakes had better flavor but since it is not available any longer, this is the next best thing that I have found. If you are cutting carbs and still want to enjoy pancakes----I recommend you try this product.
* I have been looking for a waffle/pancake mix to have without guilt. This was so awesome, especially with blueberries added to it. It is easy to make and after I had it for breakfast, I was totally full until that late afternoon. I have not tried another mix yet but I will to compare. I did eliminate the oil but it was still light.
* Nothing but real buttermilk pancakes can get a 5, but let's be realistic here :) These are a great low carb alternative. Especially paired with Maple Groves Sugar Free Syrup. I never thought I could have pancakes for breakfast more than once in a blue moon, now I can. I like these, just make sure you follow the directions carefully or else you will get a gooey mess. Don't substitute with your own ideas! (once I tried applesauce in place of eggs, bad mistake) :)
* This pancake mix has saved Saturday mornings allowing me to have pancakes again! No blood glucose rise with this product and SF syrup! Slightly gritty (much less than other brands) taste - quickly got used to this though and enjoyed pancakes again!!