* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
4/5April 04, 2011
Reviewer: Emily in Washington
* Chocolite bars are delicious! Eating more than one piece tends to lead to intestinal distress for me, even with the bars that don't contain malitol. Portion control is key with these if you are sensitive to sugar alcohols. But they taste amazing and don't seem to interfere with my weight loss (in moderation) so I'll continue ordering them.
* My 13 year-old son is on the modified atkins diet for seizures. He likes these for a dessert, but one shipment early on brought a batch with a lower carb count. The current count makes these a big splurge for him (he only gets 20 carbs per day). It would be great if they could tweak the recipe and get it down to fewer carbs so he could enjoy these more often.
This review is specific to ChocoRite Bars, Chocolate Crispy Caramel
* Have tried the Peanut Butter Patties and the Chocolate Caramel Pretzel bars so far. The peanut butter patties are good -- the texture of the filling is somewhere between a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup and a Butterfinger. Tasty and low-calorie/low-carb...though I think I prefer the Chocolite solid chocolate peanut butter bars for my chocolate/peanut butter fix. The flavor of the chocolate caramel pretzel bar is quite good, but the caramel is so tough and chewy it makes them hard to eat. (On the plus side, I guess that probably helps with portion control!)
* Chewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwy! Wow! These keep my mouth busy for a while, and they don't seem to bother my digestive system too badly, either, which is a bonus. They're a nice midday snack to give the mouth a substantive job and quiet the belly, but they don't have quite the depth of flavor or sweetness I crave from something that would substitute for candy, and that's what I bought them for.
This review is specific to Chocolite Bars, Chocolate Peanut Chews