* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
1 of 2 people found the following review helpful
1/5July 16, 2010
Reviewer: Bruce in California
* Completely inedible. Even with milk it's hard to swallow.
Dumped bowl in sink, bag in trash.
* Bought the maple flavored Smaps based on positive reviews. I opened the bag and it smelled good... sweet with a hint of maple. I poured a bowl and added sugar free vanilla cashew milk. Took a bite. At first it seemed sweet, but as I started chewing... I am not sure how this is possible... it got blander and blander as I chewed and it was not sweet or maple flavored at all. By the time I swallowed it was like swallowing cardboard. I took 4 or 5 bites, trying to give it a chance, but nope, it didn't get better. Threw it out, but kept the bag for hubby to try. I don't think he will like it, but you never know. I definitely won't be buying it again, unless for some reason he wants it.
This review is specific to Smaps Cereal, Sweet Maple
* Tried this cereal based on the good reviews I had seen. Unfortunately, the product does not live up to those reviews. This cereal is really awful. Tried one bowl and couldn't even finish it. Threw the rest of the bag in the garbage. Tastes like a mouthful of soggy cardboard. Netrition offers much better products than this one. Personally, I will not buy this product again.
* Awful, I have been a low carb off and on since the 60's but continuously the last 10 years. I have endured a lot of awful low carb food...This is going on my list of don't buy again. Taste isn't bad but the rubber band, eraser that you happens during chewing is really gross.