* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
4/5April 02, 2007
Reviewer: Carrie in Texas
* They didn't look that great, but the taste was GOOD!!! Especially with the DeVinci syrup! Consider these a special treat!
* My husband and I both liked these. They of course are not exactly like normal pancakes but for the low carbers they are a great substitute. He about cried when I surprised him with pancakes after over a month and a half without one of his favorite breakfast foods. The texture is a little different than normal and the directions make about half of what it says but with the Low Carb syrups they are a sweet breakfast treat. :o) I would buy them again.
* Awesome! add some cinnamon, vanilla and 1 packet of sweetener. I did not get 16 servings from this pack (I used 1/3 cup of batter per pancake to get a "fluffy effect" and got about 10 servings) I will be getting this product again :)
This review is specific to Carb Counters Pancake and Waffle Mix
* I wanted to try this product a second time before I rated it. Last weekend, I prepared the mix for breakfast and was sadly disappointed in the taste. But to be fair about it, I did mix into the batter some coconut flour which ended up making the cooked pancakes rubbery. Even without the coconut flour, the pancakes tasted bland and strange. So, this weekend I made a new batch of pancakes and doctored them up with a sweetner, vanilla and cinnamon. I also increased the amount of water, eggs and heavy cream. The pancakes came out delicious. I gave this product 3 stars because of all of the extra tweaking I had to do to improve the taste and I thought the price was too high.
* These do not taste just like regular pancakes. The texture and flavor are different. But it is not a bad different. I like them very much and will continue to purchase them regularly. There is a competitor whose I like better; they taste more like regular pancakes, but they also have several more carbs. For the nutritional expense, I will continue to purchase these, and be happy about it! I use the Walden Farms calorie/carb free pancake syrup and love it.