* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
1/5May 04, 2012
Reviewer: Dustin in Alabama
* Wow, I was excited about giving the Walden Farm syrup a try, based on the glowing reviews. After trying it, and throwing the rest of the bottle away, I can't understand what people are thinking! This stuff is "gloppy", cloudy, and has a really odd taste to it. It is completely inedible. No, I didn't have a bad bottle, a friend told me that it was supposed to taste like that. This tastes NOTHING like pancake syrup. Steer clear of Walden Farms in spite of the reviews.
* I love the Walden Farms products, so I was completely shocked when I tasted this. I purchased both the Hershey's Chocolate Syrup and the Walden Farms Chocolate Syrup looking forward to perhaps having a glass of chocolate milk after all these years on lo carb. I tasted the Hershey's first and thought it to be very nasty. But when I tasted the Walden's, I turned around to the sink and promptly spit it out. It is foul. Inedible. Horrible stuff. Bitter, rotten tasting. I was shocked. So, I will throw it away and absorb the cost as a learning experience. Truly, truly nasty tasting stuff. I can't believe they are actually selling this product.
* This syrup is ghastly. It has a very strong chemical (?) or metallic (?) taste. The texture is like plain water.
I even tried to make it palatable by adding a whey based brown sugar. It didn't work. I had to throw it out.
This review is specific to Syrup, Pancake, 12 fl oz.
* The Walden Farm's syrups are so runny, the consistency of water. The maple syrup flavor was not good. Ick. Log Cabin brand has a great sugar-free maple syrup that is much cheaper and can be found in most grocery stores. The blueberry & strawberry Walden Farm's syrups taste decent, but with the same, runny consistency. I would give the maple syrup a rating of "1" and the blueberry & strawberry ratings of "3".