* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
2/5December 12, 2006
Reviewer: michelle in Kansas
* The ranch and bacon ranch are ok.
I tried a couple of the others and they are awful!!
I probably won't buy these dressings again!
* I bought 3 salad dressings: Bacon Ranch, Chipotle Ranch, and Honey Dijon. I was really excited because I heard they were good and I'm on the Advocare cleanse and you can't have other dressing. I got my order in last night, 3/17/14, and quickly opened them up. First I tasted the Chipotle Ranch. It was SO sweet it was gross. Way too much artificial sweetener. I don't know if I'll be able to eat it, but I'll try. Next was the Bacon Ranch. It tasted like those fake bacon bits, not pleasant at all. I wouldn't dip anything in it (like fries, chicken strips, etc.) but I'll use it on my salads since I paid for it. Last was the Honey Dijon. It's currently in the trash. It was so disgusting, I can't even describe it. There's no way I'd be able to eat it on anything or even cook with it. Don't waste your money. Eat healthy and eat salads. Use regular dressing. Yes it has calories, sugar, carbs, etc. but if you're only using 1-2 tablespoons on your salad, you should be ok.
* I cannot believe all the rave reviews for this stuff. I am not AT ALL a picky eater and all I can say is EW! The Ranch is absolutely DISGUSTING and nearly made me vomit on the spot. I tossed the whole bottle immediately. The Honey Mustard and Creamy Bacon were edible and I did finish the bottles, but I will not be buying more. I hear the Balsamic is pretty good, but there are other brands that have a sugar-free Balsamic that has zero calories and a sugar-free Raspberry Balsamic that has only 5 calories. More importantly, there are actually recognizable items in the other brands ingredients rather than the scary stuff on the Walden Farms labels. So I will stick with other brands.
* prior to type 2 diabetes my favorite salad dressing was Thousand Island, so I thought I'd give this a try so I'd have some variety between it and my low carb Italian dressing (Kens). Can't describe what I didn't like about it, but to my taste it just wasn't good - made me not want to finish my salad and I love salads. I could tell it was trying to be like Thousand Island, but it just wasn't a very good impersonation. I'm just gonna stick to another brand.
Sorry - I wanted to like this, but it made eating my salad a struggle.
This review is specific to Salad Dressing, Thousand Island
* Ugh. These dressings are awful. If you are a sweet tooth who likes EVERYTHING sweet, then you might like these. For those who don't like everything sweet, these dressings aren't for us. I found the Thousand Island dressing okay, the Caesar dressing less than okay, and the Ranch inedible.
I bought 4 different Walden dressings but will probably stick to just putting garlic salt on my salad. That's not great, but is still better than these overly sweet dressings.