* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
2/5November 13, 2016
Reviewer: A guest
* Tried this Walden Farms Cranberry Sauce product... IT SUCKS!!
This product is tasteless and rubbery like a sugar free Jello.
This review is specific to Fruit Spread, Cranberry Sauce
* This grape jelly isn't really grape flavored. It reminds me more of the chemical grape flavorings in cough syrup. That being said, it can't be used on its own.
HOWEVER! I have found a solution! Mix in equal parts of reduced sugar concord grape jelly (3g of sugar per tablespoon) and the Walden Farms jelly, and you have an ultra-reduced sugar jelly for sandwiches. The reduced sugar jelly covers all of the bad parts of the Walden Farms jelly, and the Walden Farms jelly lowers the overall calorie and carb count.
Since it is nearly inedible on its own, but good with modifications, I'm giving it two stars.
* I love Netrition and have gotten great suggestions for other top-rated products, but I didn't find this one warranted the high-stars. In fact, I found it pretty disgusting. As someone else mentioned, it has the consistency of or cranberry sauce in a can, but much firmer. Honestly, it takes some effort to even cut it with a knife, and spreading it is quite a challenge. To make matters worse, it didn't taste very good (I tried the strawberry). I threw it out. I gave it a 2 instead of a 1 because I appreciate how hard it is to make a product like this that has no carbs. Sorry to be such a downer, but maybe I'll balance out the rave reviews a bit.
This review is specific to Fruit Spread, Strawberry
* I love apricot jam and tried five of them from netrition side by side. The texture of Walden Farms is weird, like stiff jello.
I particularly like an apricot jam omelet: cook the omelet first and then fill it with a tablespoon or two of apricot jam. Try it!
* We tried the Apple Butter and the Apricot...was very disappointed in both. They are super sweet...way beyond the normal sweetness of any jams or jellies we've ever tasted, regular or otherwise. Upon arrival both jars had lots of liquid floating on top but that somewhat dissipated. The consistency is very solidly jelled, difficult to spread or keep on a knife, etc. They are sitting in the fridge for now until I can figure out how to use them.
* I used the Jok n Al fruit spread and loved it, the raspberry. I forgot which one it was and bought this Walden Farms version. I thought it was pretty bad, with an after taste. I am very disappointed and now need to order the other brand. If you want some good spread for your bread and you like the seed in it, I would try the Jok n Al, raspberry. It is the closest thing I have found to "normal". Good luck!
This review is specific to Fruit Spread, Raspberry