* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
4/5November 07, 2007
Reviewer: Jennifer in New York
* These are great with a hot cup of decaf! I was a little nervous about the prep work involved but it turned out to be a breeze once I decided to make them. (Not your typical P-bury pop-open tube cinnamon rolls I used to eat before going LOW CARB... Yikes!) Anyway, I did tweak the pecan/caramel icing a bit by adding a few more nuts and heating it longer than directed to make it even thicker than usual so that it really clung to my rolls. It turned out great and hubby agreed they are yummy. Will buy again - so give them a try if you're in the mood for a bakery style, ooey-gooey roll!
* Oh my goodness! These are great. Problem is I wanted to eat them all up myself! They should please anyone who is wanting that morning pastry. The caramel topping is not really a sticky gooey mess like regular sticky buns. These were great with a cup of coffee. Will be a lifesaver this winter.
* My mother, who cannot have sugar, has been devastated not to be able to get McD's cinnamon buns anymore. However, with this product she is smiling again. We both find these buns to be tasty and satisfying. On the second batch, I did put a few extra drops of sweetfree in the topping.
* Coming from a family with an excellent cinnamon roll recipe background, I expect very high of cinnamon rolls. These, I was worried wouldn't hold up to my expectations. However, I made them this morning, and despite not being as good as my usual homemade cinnamon rolls (which are completely impossible to make on this diet), they were quite good.
I do have to deduct one star due to the gooey topping -- it had an aftertaste that is commonly associated with sugar free foods. It wasn't a deal breaker though, we're ordering more.