* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
1/5February 21, 2012
Reviewer: Angela in South Dakota
* This is the first low carb product that I have purchased that I absolutely could not eat. It tasted like cardboard.
* Don't want sound redundant here, but I can't believe there are people who rated this 2 stars or above. All the one star raters here are 100% right. Doesn't plump, tastes like cardboard that turns into sand in your mouth. Really disgusting.
* Wish I had read the 1-star reviews on this product. It tastes AWFUL. There is a reason why this product has such low carb counts. I'm not terribly picky, I realize low-carb foods aren't going to taste as good as carb-laden foods, but this wasn't even edible to me. Terrible texture, even worse taste.
* Well, I couldn't resist trying a pasta with only 3 net carbs. If you think it looks too good to be true, you're right. These taste mealy and gross. Honestly it was like eating pasta made out of dog kibble. I threw away most of the portion that I cooked because I could not even eat it. I was very disappointed, but it was worth a try. Next I will try the atkins pasta which is much higher in net carbs, so I guess I'll have only a half serving at a time.
* I have purchased other products from Dixie Diner, and was pleased, but was VERY disappointed in this one! Just did not enjoy the taste at all. The texture was acceptable, but the taste was not. Threw it out!
* This is awful, I did not expect it to taste just like the real thing, I will sacrifice a little flavor for my health but this is the very worst lo-carb product I have ever had. I feel misled by the reviews I read saying how good it was. To me it tasted like dirt and even the sauce would not cover that up. I purchased 4 boxes all excited about having spaghetti only to be severely disappointed. Sorry but that is an opinion I would tell anybody looking to find a lo-carb pasta of which I have not.