* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
2/5October 01, 2007
Reviewer: Marla in Michigan
* This mix is not very good. After reading all the reviews I was shocked at how bad it tasted. The pancakes look amazing. They cook up golden brown and smell promising but the taste is not as good as the looks. I was surprised that 1/4 cup of mix called for 2 eggs. That seems like a lot and I could really taste the egg. I am not that into pancakes, I actually decided to buy the mix so my boyfriend and I could have the same breakfast for a change. He said he would never eat them again. If you are really craving pancakes then give them a try. If you are only thinking about buying this to try something new, it isn't good. Don't waste your money.
* I spent long enough on the low carb train to appreciate a good low-carb product. This is NOT one of them. The texture is denser and drier than normal pancake mix. Adding more water still did not mimic normal pancakes. Worse than the texture was the flavor, or lack there of. This mix tasted like cardboard. Even adding fruit, nuts, syrup, etc... they still tasted like nothing and did not satisfy any kind of pancake craving. Skip this one
* spongy texture, dry taste, not fluffy. looks like crepes and with the eggs tastes like a dry French toast. I added the polander sugar free jam in place of syrup and a teaspoon of whipped cream, not terrible but not something I would look forward to eating either. ill keep looking.
* A disappointing product. I have been using a Carbquick recipe from one of the forums for pancakes and they're wonderful. I gave this a try today and it doesn't even come close. First is the carb count (12 carbs/6 fiber) which is much higher than the CarbQuick recipe (add 1 or 2 more for the two eggs).
Second is the taste. People often complain that Low-Carb products taste spongy and that's the case here spongy with an off taste. The pancakes are not a rich tasting as the Carbquick recipe either. All in all, a failure.
I can't recommend this and will throw away the remainder.
* As a Pancake addict, this product did not satisfy me at all because it is nowhere close to the real pancakes. The pancakes that comes from it are very then with no taste at all. I can assure that you will have a better Pancake alternative by mixing only Vanilla Whey Protein and Eggs. that is even much lower in carb than this product