* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
4/5August 14, 2014
Reviewer: Meghan in Ohio
* This was better than I expected for a low carb food. I put vanilla in the mix to spruce up the flavor. However, there was a slight eggy taste to it so perhaps I will use less egg than the recipe called for and see how that turns out. Overall, I think I would purchase again.
* I find this mix makes a very nice pancake. I prefer small thin pancakes so I add additional water to the mix and make kind of "silver dollar" sized pancakes. I find it it is not even necessary to add the oil if you are watching calories as well as carbs. I don't know how this would work for the regular thick pancakes, but it is fine for my 14-17 little thin guy I make form a single serving portion of this mix. It works for me and is really very low carb, which suits my diabetic issues and gives me a real treat breakfast .
* I recently found this New Hope Mills mix. I can't remember enough to say that this is exactly as good, but it is certainly better than any other low carb mix I have used in the intervening years. No---these are not substitutes for Perkins with strawberry glaze & whipped cream. However, with fresh berries and some low carb syrup, I feel like I just had some pretty good pancakes. Add a couple of turkey sausage links and it was a good meal.
* Good stuff; having pancakes for breakfast makes the low-carb thing feel a bit more normal. Not what your mama used to make (a bit bland and not real fluffy) but not bad overall. These aren't quite as good as the Maple Grove Farms, but they have 3 net grams compared with Maple Grove's 6.