* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
5/5February 13, 2013
Reviewer: Scott in California
* I was initially skeptical about how these things were really going to taste, since pomegranate is so unique on it's own, and I've never heard of it being used as candy flavoring. However, to my surprise, it tastes quite a bit like juice (not really as sour as the fresh fruit, though). The flavor is really nice, sweet and a little sour, but not overwhelming or "sickly sweet" - perfect, IMHO, for hard candy. They also don't stick to my teeth or inside of my mouth like some others do, and their shape is nice if you want to suck on them without tearing up the roof of your mouth. I'll definitely be buying them again.
This review is specific to Sugar Free Candy, Pomegranate Hard Candy
* These are VERY good. The fruit chews are like a very chewy Starburst candy. I would not recommend them for anyone with bridgework or caps. The Fudgie rolls really do taste like Tootsie Rolls. An excellent product. Give them a try.
* Recently tried the fudgie rolls, assorted toffees, vanilla caramels, and fruit chews. All were really good, especially the vanilla caramels which are just a traditional tasting caramel and the peanut butter toffees (in the assorted toffees)....they really need to offer those as a single variety because they taste just like those orange and black peanut butter toffees that come out on Halloween. The strawberry fruit chews are as good as strawberry Starbursts also. If you are like me with some sugarfree stuff though you have to enjoy them in moderation. I scarfed down nine or ten of them and experienced very bad gastrointestinal discomfort. It was pretty rough.
* I have tried the creme doublers chocolate and creme chews, the fruit chews and the fudgie rolls. All are delicious with a chewy consistency and rich flavor. The fudgie rolls have a richer chocolate flavor than the SF Tootsie Rolls.
* I really enjoyed the flavor and variety of this treat. I am a big fan of Mamba's and these are a great sugar-free alternative (and they didn't hurt my stomach!). If you're looking for something sweet to curb a craving this is worth a try.
This review is specific to Sugar Free Candy, Fruit Chews
* If you miss Tootsie Rolls this is the candy for you! I waited and waited for Tootsie to come out with a sugar-free version but found it so awful I had to throw it out. The Go Lightly Fudgie Rolls are amazing!!! You won't be sorry if you try them.
This review is specific to Sugar Free Candy, Fudgie Rolls