* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
4/5November 12, 2014
Reviewer: Elizabeth in Florida
* Like this as a low carb substitute for regular Toufayan pita bread. Best if pan-fried or toasted a little. (I like the taste of another brand's flax pitas better but those are thinner and its pockets are fragile.)
* This pita bread has a great texture and taste. A nice change from low carb tortillas. Can be used to make low carb pizzas and sandwiches. These can also be cut into small pieces, baked and eaten as pita chips with your favorite dips.
* Pleasantly surprised! What a great change from products like Flat-Out. The pita had a real pocket that stayed together even after filling. I did not cut the pita in half. I first heated on a griddle to crunchify the outside then cut about two inch opening on the top. I let it cool slightly and layered it with my souvlaki ingredients. Layer of lettuce, tomato, tatziki, meat dressing and feta. I was able to make two layers. The pita held together with all of the filling inside. All that for only 10 carbs(7 for the bread the rest for the filling) . Meanwhile my family enjoyed their sandwiches for a whopping 42 grams a pita. I've died and gone to heaven. Thank you Netrition for carrying this product.
* I cut these in half, then pop them into my toaster for a little while to heat, then pull it out and open it, place over the toaster hole and heat the inside for a bit. This pita pocket is good with bacon in it or turkey or ham. I make a really good chicken salad and stuff that in to take for lunch. Good eatin'.
* This was great. Only one small complaint and that is the pitas are a little tough. If you microwave them for 5-10 sec they soften up. I used them for pizzas too and it worked for the pizza cravings. I have ordered 6 pkgs so far. They had very little affect on blood level and actually lost weight when I ate these.