* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
8 of 8 people found the following review helpful
5/5August 25, 2007
Reviewer: Holly in California
* If you are like me, you're always happy to discover sugar-free, healthful products without artificial sweeteners or sugar alcohols. This is one of my favorite recent discoveries, and I certainly recommend it. I have been making low-carb morning shakes using soy or hemp protein, fresh spinach, flax oil, tofu, and soy milk, topped with freshly ground flax seeds. I also like to add Super Food for the nutrient values, but I found it made the shake taste like, oh, the ground. I liked it in shakes made with bananas and yogurt, as those sweet foods disguised the alfalfa-like taste of the Super Food powder, but I don't want to eat a bunch of fruit for breakfast anymore.
Stevita Delight Chocolate drink mix solved the problem perfectly. I add two generous teaspoons to my shake recipe (for two servings), and it goes from tasting like something my horse would enjoy more than I to a delicious, chocolaty, mildly sweet (not crazy sweet like some stevia items) wonderfully filling shake that gives me energy all morning long. My boyfriend loves it, too.
My next experiment will be to try inventing a chocolate cheesecake recipe using Stevita Delight. I love this product!
* I love this stuff! I mix it with cream and cream cheese when I want a dessert (I'm on a low carb diet). It is really delicious. I recently ran out and tried doing the same thing with plain stevia and cocoa and it's quite bitter – not nearly as good. If you have a sweet tooth but don't want sugars or chemicals, I think this is a winner :)
* I didn't think I'd actually like this chocolate drink since I'm not a big Stevia fan, but I do. I don't mix as much cream or half & half as my hubby so it is not as creamy as his cup of cocoa, but it is good for me. Very rich & you need to keep stirring it up every so often because the cocoa mix settles down to the bottom. Make sure you rinse out your mug or drink it down to the last drop or you'll get some firm residue in the bottom of the cup that requires rinsing before putting in the dishwasher.
* Not usually a Stevia fan; I usually find it too bitter. But this drink is a lifesaver. Very potent. Very low calorie. Very easily mixed into drinks and desserts. Not only buying my second container now, but buying a gift for my sister.
* Decided to try this as a chocolate flavor for my coffee combining with mimiccreme. I am going gluten & dairy free, and stopped using coffee creamers with dairy, whey, sugar & artifical sweetners. Tastes really good. Glad to have found this product.
* This product is wonderful for my son, who is a Type 1 diabetic. Regular hot chocolate sends his blood sugar soaring. But with the Stevita delight, we can add it to hot water and it tastes just as good as hot chocolate -- a little sweeter even. It is quick and easy to mix up, and a little goes a long way. So it is worth the price! And since it is made with stevia, it is a healthy drink, as opposed to one loaded with sugar or artificial sweeteners.