* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
1 of 2 people found the following review helpful
5/5August 04, 2008
Reviewer: Terry in Arizona
* How can it taste like chemicals if it is natural? I have gone from using 3 teasp of sugar in my morning 24 oz coffee to just the 1/5 teasp measure that comes with this little jar!. It has saved me some carbs that I can now use for other meals in my diet plan. I have not used it in baking yet. Too bad it is so very expensive because I chose another sweetener for that purpose. I will continue to use this product for my drinks at home and at restaurants. I would much rather use this than the 'chemical' sweeteners out there. I also use stevia rather than the pink and blue stuff!
* I use several different types of sweeteners. This particular one is great for adding sweetness to an individual serving of something like hot or cold cereals or drinks. Also when a small amount of "sugar" is called for in cooking. It has a natural sweet taste with no artificial after taste that seems to go with many other sweeteners. I will continue to keep it in my arsenal of sweeteners.
* This product is wonderful. I blended it with Erythritol in a batch of brownies. Blends well and no weird after taste. You only have to use a small amount of it. It has a very sweet and pleasant taste directly on the tongue.
I would buy this again and plan to revamp my high carb recipes to include this as a sweetener.
* I combine it with EZ sweet and stevia and it tastes great. I find combining sugar alternatives cancel their aftertaste. Three works best for me, sometimes use two sugar alternatives plus a little sugar and that works too. Great product.
* This is a perfect sugar substitute for me. No after taste, and works really good with either liquid or solids. I used it with and on everything I needed to sweeten. I just wish it wasn't so expensive.