* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
4/5July 27, 2007
Reviewer: Deborah in New York
* "Sticky" is an apt description. This Trail Mix Sticky Bar is Very Tasty! It is filling and has many textures and tastes within it. I love that it is fairly low in carbohydrates and has no sugar alcohols in it. That is something that is getting harder to find now. I tried one at first to make sure I would like it and could tolerate this product. The first thing I tasted was "honey", yet there is none listed in the ingredients...it is quite sweet. It is a nice treat to have on occasion.
* Very interesting taste on these bars. I like them, I wouldn't want to eat them end to end, but it makes for a nice bit of variety to squelch some hunger pains. Get them, you'll like them, but it winds up being like sushi in that it is a bit of an acquired taste.
* The regular Trail Mix sticky bars are perfect for almost any occasion (although they sometimes fall apart, so eating them while driving can be complicated!) and they're delicious! I've tried the Banana Pecan Flax, Cranberry Almond Flax and the Peanut Caramel Flax bars, but I keep coming back to the original flavor time and time again. The Peanut Caramel are really good but they get stuck in my teeth and are SUPER chewy so be warned to bring a toothpick with that flavor. The Banana Pecan didn't have as much Banana Flavor as I was craving but it was definitely yummy.
* Overall, the CRANBERRY flax bar is a delicious product... for what it is. I.e. it is NOT a delicious Tastykake, nor the incredible Walden fruit spread, etc. But it is good nutrition on the go. We found it to be the best of the 4 bars currently offered. The other bars are nutritious but not delicious; I'd buy them only as convenience for shelf-stable food, such as for a room temperature lunch bag, a picnic, something to stash for an emergency food source.
This review is specific to Trail Mix Sticky Bar, Cranberry Almond Flax