* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
4/5March 29, 2014
Reviewer: Robin in Oklahoma
* The cinnamon and sugar flavor is great. The chips are as good if not better tasting than most low carb products.
* Great for low carb dieters! Great taste but tend to be a bit dry, so make sure you have something to drink next to you while eating these chips. I wouldn't consider this a major downfall and it definitely hasn't stopped me from eating them. Overall, a great snack!
* These have good flavor and no after taste. They are very sweet and will satisfy that need to crunch down on something. The thin cut pieces are best, but the texture overall does leave a bit to be desired, however, they are low carb and actually do taste good. So taking everything into consideration, I'd rate them a 4+. These might make a great pie crust if you were to put them in the blender, add butter, and press it out in a pie tin. If anyone is on the fence, these are worth a try.
* I really enjoy this product and I've ordered it countless times. It's a nice, sweet treat. It offers some crispness at first bite, but melts in your mouth with no after taste. I've also tried the tomato-basil. I didn't like the texture on its own, but can imagine that it would have a better taste if used as a chip for dips or perhaps bruschetta.
* These are very good. They have a great, sweet flavor, and are very filling because of the fiber. The only reason I gave a 4 instead of a 5 is because of the texture when you chew them. It is like powder but it does not bother me at all. I had read the reviews that claimed this but tried them anyway and I am glad I did!
This review is specific to Carb Counters Ovenbaked Pita Chips, Sweet Cinnamon
* Dixie Diner has released a number of different products which fit into the category which includes chips, crackers, flatbreads, etc. One thing they all seem to have in common is their texture/consistency. I predict that for most of them, if you dislike them this will be the primary reason. The problem is they are tough when you bite into them and as you chew them they essentially crumble slowly into a dry powder in your mouth. This is an odd sensation and for many, I suspect, it will put them off. I do not have a major problem with it, however, so at most I am only going to dock the product one star for the strange nature of the texture. As for the ovenbaked "pita" chips with the sweet-cinnamon coating, I would say that these are by far the best of the lot. Unlike most Dixie Diner sweets, I find these to be plenty sweet and the cinnamon flavor is quite delicious. They are best enjoyed with a beverage due to the dry-powder effect I spoke of earlier but I definitely enjoy eating them.