* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
5/5November 26, 2013
Reviewer: Pam in Oklahoma
* I just tried the mac and cheese and was surprised to find I liked it after all the bad reviews. I will order this again.
This review is specific to Carb Counters Cup Meals, Mac & Cheese
* The Chili is very good. I would give it 5 stars. It has a mild chili flavor and the soy protein beef substitute has a nice slightly chewy texture. If I want it a little spicier, I just add a little Tabasco or other hot sauce.
The Spaghetti and Teriyaki noodles I would give 3 stars. They are both made with the same pasta, just different sauces. The Spaghetti also contains soy protein similar to the Chili. The sauces are kind of bland, if they were a little better, I’d give both 4 stars.
* I made the chili cup according to directions. I put chopped lettuce and tomatoes on a plate and poured the chili on a plate sprinkled w/ shredded cheddar, sour cream, and a little taco sauce (find the lowest carb sauce). It makes an excellent low carb taco salad (without the taco of course). I measure everything so I know exactly how many carbs I am taking in. If you just want to eat the chili alone, it is excellent. It has a beany taste which makes it taste more real to me. It comes freeze dried and you just add water and microwave so it is very convenient and fast. You can eat it right out of the cup.
This review is specific to Carb Counters Cup Meals, Chili
* Carb Counters makes outstanding low-carb foods. For fast, on-the-go (at work) food, these cup meals are great!! Particularly, the Spaghetti is as close to actual spaghetti texture and flavor out there... in fact, this is the ONLY low-carb spaghetti product I can tolerate and is quite good! I don't care so much for the Mac & Cheese, but now I am going to try the Teriyaki this time... so we'll see.
This review is specific to Carb Counters Cup Meals, Spaghetti