* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
5 of 6 people found the following review helpful
1/5February 22, 2008
Reviewer: Kimberly in Illinois
* This has to be the worst thing I've ever tasted and I'll eat anything! I was looking for a similar product, but this certainly didn't come close. Will be throwing them away and forgetting the whole experience. Very bitter. Couldn't even swallow what was in my mouth. YUCK! Save your money.
* I was very disappointed with this replacement.
The old choc. chips were far superior in all aspects.
These new chips have a bad aftertaste and are too bitter AND too sweet and are coated with some sort of powder - I don't see the point for the coating.
I used the old ones to coat truffles and they worked very well - the texture was smooth.
The new ones, when melted, are grainy.
This replacement does not even compare to the old chips.
I have no idea why they would change a great product.
Maybe people will call Dixie and request the previous formualtion back. I plan to.
* I just don't get it. It tastes a bit sweet with a horrible aftertaste with every bite. The artifical sweetners aren't the best for you. The could greatly improve the taste and lower the carbs by just using a high quality natural stevia. I ended up discarding it and used a brand with stevia as the sweetner instead and it tastes so much better.
* Gross and horrible! Save your money, I was excited about these as a replacement for the old ones which were very tasty but these are bitter, hard to swallow even melted on something and upset my stomach.
Why can't anyone make a good chocolate chip with real cocoa and splenda for sweetener that doesn't taste icky and doesn't upset your stomach? These are not it.
* THESE ARE JUST HORRENDOUS. They are bitter, and not in the bitter chocolate way (which I actually enjoy), but like there's something WRONG, like the sweetener doesn't react well with the chocolate or there is just some awful, bitter compound. I'm now stuck with a bag of these horrid little pieces of overpriced sucralose-laced tar, and can't think of a single person who'd want them.
Don't waste your money. You are far better off trying some maltitol sweetened chocolate chips.
* This product is no replacement for the old no carb/lo carb chocolate chips. I am very much a dark chocolate person so you can't get too much chocolate for me but this taste is way off the mark. I used them once in my low carb chocolate chip cookies. They did not hold their form and in general just didn't work well at all. I have not found another use for them. I still have two bags getting old.