* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
1/5May 28, 2008
Reviewer: Jacqueline in New York
* I know with lo calorie, lo carb you can lose a little flavor, but this product is absolutely disgusting! I tasted it first before using it on my food. I would describe the taste as very chemical-like...that's the best I can do. I use quite a few of Walden Products and have been very pleased. Don't bother with this one...mine went into the garbage!
* The aroma of these mayos (tried 4 flavors) is so strong & foul that it was impossible for me to ignore. I hate to say it because I like to support low carb manufacturers, but these are just plain awful.
* This was pretty terrible. The texture was pretty watery, which wouldn't have been that big a deal if the flavor had been decent. The main problem with the flavor is that it is sweet -- super-sweet. Mayonnaise isn't sweet -- this tasted more like that awful Miracle-whip. To make matters worse, there was barely a hint of chipotle flavor. I was able to improve it by mixing in some Chipotle Salsa but it was still too sweet. Pretty much a complete miss.
* I purchased both the plain miracle mayo and the honey mustard flavor. Both are a less than stellar. My first taste was from a freshly opened, room temp jar. Consistency was very watery and the taste was just a step above revolting. Both of them tasted very chemical-y. The taste and consistancy were bad enough to make me quesiton if somehow they were spoiled.
I chilled the 2 jars. The original flavor thickened up abit while the honey mustard is still very runny. Chilled, the flavor is a bit better, less chemically but in my opinion chalky with a strong vinegar taste. Think vinegar flavored malox. Would not purchase again.
* Sorry Walden Farms but this is too nasty!! I'm not picky and a chronic dieter so I'll accept a certain amount pain for fewer calories but I tasted 1/4 of a teaspoon of this and tossed it. Grainy, spongy. Use Hellman's reduced fat mayo at only 20 calories per tablespoon, a zillion times better!!