* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
5/5August 18, 2014
Reviewer: Karen in Tennessee
* Wow! I have to say I was nothing short of amazed at the taste of this greens drink. I have tried several and I either have to hold my nose to gag them down or mix them in a chocolate protein drink to hide the taste. I always try them plain first to see how best to drink them. So, when I opened this up I just added a scoop to my shaker bottle and mixed with water. It wasn't just "not unpleasant", it was actually GOOD! I can easily drink this every morning as-is or it will mix perfectly with any flavor protein shake. The only other one I've found to be palatable is Greens 8000.
* I've used one container of this product. I'm 49 years old and I was having trouble with my memory and feeling tired, weight gain and hunger. This cleared up a LOT of those complaints. It provides the nutrients I was missing in my diet and gives me a boost of energy. I now crave it if I don't have it each morning. I put mine in a glass of milk- tastes like the milk left in the bowl after you eat cereal- LOL!! Great products, I no longer need to take multi-vitamins.
* The taste is really quite good despite the gritty texture. I actually add a spot of wine (Cabernet Sauvignon) to it and that really helps to mellow it even more. It's a great way to get a full serving of vegetables with the morning protein and really seems to stave off hunger even longer. I've been using a similar product for a couple weeks and it really helps with dieting. I used this product today and it was very similar but much better flavor and more ingredients.
* Although the taste isn't too bad, the convenience of a full days serving of veggies far outweighs any downside (which includes a gritty feeling no matter how much liquid used). I usually get any remaining bits by washing it down with a sip of juice even though there's barely an aftertaste.
* I actually enjoy the taste of this product, I like the maple flavor. Just don't expect a sweet tasting drink.
I mix it with cold water and try to drink one serving a day. I feel I'm getting the benefits of all the great ingredients in an easy, quick fashion. I haven't yet tried to mix it into my protein drink but will give that a try tomorrow.