* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
4/5February 17, 2011
Reviewer: Amy in Texas
* It's a little chewy like sourdough bread, but a great substitute for regular bread. The slices are large enough to make a sandwich from one piece.
* I'm not a huge fan of this bread for things like cold sandwiches, but it's awesome when you heat it up. Toast, french toast, and grilled cheese sandwiches are my favorite ways to use this bread. Macros are on point and it freezes great. Great way to add extra protein without the extra carbs bread usually has.
* I like the bread. It is both chewy and dense, so it feels more substantial than basic white bread (which you already know from the rest of the reviews), and a little sweet, so it's good for toast, but I wouldn't use it for sandwiches. I'm writing this review as I place my second order for this bread, so it's certainly well enough. Also seems to be priced better than other high protein breads.
* P28 bread is a bit on the pricey side, but it is really filling. I sometimes really want a slice of toast and I try to stay away from conventional bread. I used to be a really big bread eater, especially loving fresh homemade bread while it is still warm.. omg.
No, I am not going to tell you that this tastes like fresh, warm, homemade bread. Sorry.
BUT, this is an alternative bread that can be used as toast, in a sandwich or in the oven with a slice of tomato and some cheese melted on to make a yummy treat for those who would prefer to (or need to) stay away from conventional bread.
I like the taste, and actually also like their bagels, although the bagels are a bit too bulky for me to eat a whole one.. the bread is just simpler so I buy it on occasion and enjoy it guilt free.
* I was shocked at how much I liked this bread! When not toasted the texture is fluffy/spongy. Which is why I feel it tastes best toasted but doesn't all bread taste yummy toasted :) I usually cant consume dairy or whey isolate but this product didn't hurt my stomach. Yes it's pricey bread but there's other pricey bread out there as well that doesn't have this nutritional profile. It's a must try! I like to pair one slice with almond butter and a side of eggs for a balanced meal. I can't wait to try their nut butters!
* WOULD PREFER SAVORY VERSION. I love the protein content and texture of the P28 bread, but not fond of the very sweet, cinnamon-y flavor. I wish the company would come up with a savory version that uses herbs (e,g, onion, sage, garlic etc) to flavor, in lieu of sweeteners. I am a long time Netrition customer.
* Allow me to preface this review by saying all in all I like the bread and will continue buying it. That said there are a couple of things that would make me like it more. I'd prefer it if it were less sweet so that it tasted more like regular whole wheat bread. Not sure why they felt the need to add extra sweetener. Also, I wish they'd cut out the cinnamon. I'm talking about in the plain version not the cinnamon version. The plain wheat bread has cinnamon in it as well and I can taste it no matter what I'm using the bread for. It's a plus when making cinnamon toast or french toast, but not at all a plus for a tuna fish sandwich, or any sandwich I've made with it. It's not enough of a detriment to stop me from eating the bread, but I really don't see the need for cinnamon in the plain version and wish they'd eliminate it. The extra sweetness and cinnamon taste are why I'm rating the bread a 4 instead of a 5. Other than that I like everything about the bread and still recommend it.