* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
4 of 4 people found the following review helpful
4/5August 12, 2011
Reviewer: Mary a in New York
* I ordered a tube of each flavor to try. Out of the three, I liked the citrus flavor the best (yellow tube). It was both sweet and tangy and had no funny aftertaste. The fruit flavor (green tube) was also good though I prefer the citrus - I like tangy better than sweet. I didn't like the berry flavor (red tube). It had a funny, perfume-y taste that I just didn't care for. I ended up tossing that one.
I thought the beads were cute - sort of like a tic tac only a little smaller. But the serving size is one piece - who only eats one piece? BTW, no carbs after deducting the xylitol, so low carbers, enjoy!
The tubes the candy came in were great - the tops stay closed tight so when you toss them into your purse or pocket, you don't have to worry about finding all the little beads loose on the bottom.
Recommend the citrus and fruit flavors. Wouldn't it be great if Sparx came out with sour flavors too?
* One thing I miss since low carb dieting is sharply flavored fruit candies (Skittles, Mike&Ike, Runts, etc.) and these are close, like mini SweetTarts but not quite as sharp. I've tried all 3, and the citrus tube has the most recognizable flavors, the berry version is so-so but still good, and the fruit version just tastes like all banana to me (good if you're a fan of banana Runts). I also recommend the Jelly Belly SOUR Jelly beans, common fruit flavors with a sour twist.
* The Berry flavor really satisfies my need for a candy. I'm a repeat customer for the berry flavor. I didn't like the other flavors at all!
It's the only low carb candy product I've enjoyed so far. This is a hard candy you can suck on or crunch through. No aftertaste. The closest normal candy comparison I could offer would be the runts candies you get in a gumball machine, except the runts candies have an unpleasant powdery taste when you bite them and these do not.
* I am a sugar candy lover and these are delicious. I am so happy!!!!!! I loved all the flavors and finding out that they are actually good for your teeth as well is a plus. I am now ordering more products made with Xylitol.
* I bought two tubes of SparX Candy in Fruit flavor since I was looking for a sugar free candy-mint with Xylitol. I'm enjoying the mouth health benefits of xylitol products so yes, I would recommend this product to others looking for the same.
I find the "fruit" flavored xylitol candies to have a more pronounced "odd" flavor to me than the mint or cinnamon options, but these little guys are so small and I'm kinda used to the taste after using them for a few months. I like to pop one in my mouth before going to bed at night as suggested by another purchaser - it really does help prevent bad morning breath, at least for me.