* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
5/5February 07, 2013
Reviewer: karen in Michigan
* I've been using this for a couple of years now. I love this stuff.. I put it in my morning smoothies and also like it on my homemade yogurt. I take a spoon full of it, put it in a little glass dish and microwave it for 30 seconds or so.. It'll brown a bit of the coconut, so when I stir it in my yogurt, it taste's like toasted coconut mixed it.. It's delicious! It's the same as Coconut Butter, which I've also tried, but is priced much better.. Full of healthy goodness.
* from Heaven! I love this product, it's currently my favorite Low Carb food. Here in Texas, this product stays loose and easy to stir when stored in the pantry.
When I first opened it, I almost scooped out the cream on top, then I realized it had a hard layer underneath the .5 inch cream layer. I popped into the microwave for about five seconds, stirred, microwave another 5 seconds and was able to stir it to a well incorporated state. It has remained this way for the last week.
The flavor is somewhat like peanut butter. I mostly eat it straight out of the jar to increase my calorie intake. Sometimes, I spread it on my chocolate coconut bars for a similar 'chocolate peanut butter' flavor. Yum!
This product is not exactly like coconut oil, but I do plan to sub it for coconut oil in some of my recipes. It definitely has a more substantial mouth feel with just a hint of sweetness.
* I enjoy the taste, and yes, I occasionally eat it from the jar. I've used it for Indonesian-like sauces - it thickens up quickly - water needs to be added. So far, it's worked for cookies, "don't cook" fudge, and biscuits/scones.
* I love coconut manna. I use it to make chocolate, using this instead of cocoa butter and it comes out great. I also eat it straight out of the jar. It has a nice coconutty flavor and is very low in carbs. It's really good for you too.
* I love the flavor and texture of this stuff.. It does need to be melted and I don't really recommend mixing it in shakes since it will harden once it cools down. But once melted it is spreadable, and tastes really good to just spoon out of the jar. I will order more simply because its ingredients are great, and it tastes amazing.