* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
5 of 5 people found the following review helpful
5/5January 21, 2011
Reviewer: walter in Virginia
* Recently ordered this product and used it in my coffee, which is the main reason I ordered.
Had to use FOUR TIMES the amount (compared to regular sugar) to sweeten to usual taste.
Lo Han Kuo Mogrosides are claimed to be up to 250x sweeter than sugar. With this concentration it seems to me that a correct ratio could be combined to actually be the same sweetness as sugar, without regard to using the “equivalent” amount to sugar.
* I admit that I had not liked the more concentrated version of Sugar Not, but this blend is a whole new ballgame. I would probably give up Erythritol, splenda and all other sweeteners with the exception of Swerve (which is very similar to this). The taste is pleasing, it dissolves cleanly and bakes and measures like sugar. I'm very very happy with this and have fooled non-low carbers.
* Used this product to sweeten cream cheese frosting; it tastes much better than the other alternative products but does clump when it hits moisture. Suggest you mix with dry ingredients well before adding moisture. Nicely ground so crystals melt easily. I will purchase this product again!
* Sugar Not Spoonful is the tastiest natural non-sugar sweetener I have ever used. No chemicals, no after-taste, and it really measures like sugar. Thank-you Dixie Diner for making this product, and thank you Netrition for carrying it!
* So, this stuff tastes like cotton candy. It's got a little bit of the luo han guo aftertaste, but it's not terrible. The texture is a little sticky, which it offputting at first, but as far as taste goes, this is a 4 star sweetener. I used it in drinks (coffee, tea, milkshakes, etc) as well as baked goods, though I mostly mixed it with straight erythritol, and it was fine.
I'm on a ketogenic diet, and this sweetener kicked me straight out of keto. I guess everybody's body is different, but on further research (feel kind of dumb for not doing this beforehand) monosaccharide is sugar. Who knew. No wonder I'm hungry, bloated, and am having sugar crashes.
Anyway, taste is fine, but not great. If this were truly keto-friendly, I might give it 4 stars. It's not.