* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
1/5January 24, 2012
Reviewer: A customer in New Mexico
* These are terrible! They taste very synthetic. No fruit flavor whatsoever, kind of cardboard-y. Yuck.
* These things are amazing. Just like the original ones I remember from growing up. I have to make sure I limit myself to one a day though as my special treat. If you like the original fruit slices you will not be disappointed. If you are looking for a chewy candy like gummy bears these are not the same.
* Disappointed overall with these. First and foremost, the maltitol caused major problems with my stomach. Second, while the pieces have a generally good flavor and remind me of the regular sugary version of these, several pieces in the bag (about 1/3 of the contents) were hard, either compromised by a bad cellophane wrapper or simply stale. Don't think I'll bother buying these again, and can't recommend them.
* The fruit slices taste GREAT! Just like I remember from years ago. Doesn't rate a 5 though, because of the packaging. About 1/4 to 1/3 of the package had the cellophane wrap compromised in some way or other (i.e., a hole) and the contents had the consistency of a hockey puck. If you attempt to eat one of these, keep your dentist on retainer.
* These do not taste like the jelly candies WITH sugar, not at all. I bought two packages because I was craving gummy bear type candy so I bought everything even close to this category to conduct my own taste-test. These are not the worst, but I would not buy them again. Too many carbs for candy that is not nearly good enough.