* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
5/5February 10, 2015
Reviewer: Annette in California
* I used this product mixed into my mashed cauliflower. It was delish! Now I have an improved version of faux-tatoes! My process is as follows: Wash and clean leaves and core from a fresh cauliflower. Let as much water drain off as possible. Cut into chunks and pop it into a covered, microwavable dish and cook, covered, in microwave for 11 minutes. Remove from microwave and add cooked cauli to food processor along with butter, 1/2 c feta cheese, 1/2 c grated sharp cheddar cheese, 1 clove fresh garlic, salt and pepper. While that is blending, mix 1/2 of the LC Mashed Potato mix with 2/3 cup of boiling water. Add this mixed product to the cauli-mash and taste! After a few minutes, the texture is perfect and ready to serve, or transfer to a pot to keep warm on the stove until you're ready. Try it, you'll love it!
* Absolutely disgusting. Taste like chalky paste. I only gave it 2 stars because my 2 year old (who eats anything) took a couple bites. You have to use cauliflower anyways so you might as well use the cauliflower cream cheese recipe without this mix. It taste much better.
* My son and I have tried this product and it really does taste great. It tastes very close to the real thing. It was nice to have some mashed potatoes with meatloaf for Sunday dinner while being on a low carb diet. I highly recommend this product.
* Okay, these were pretty good. I ate them with an Atkins chopped steak and gravy. Good comfort food :) I love reading reviews here for the creative suggestions and recipes for using some of the products. So I made the mashers with chicken broth, the butter spray pumps BUT added some FF cream cheese and a bit of greek yogurt instead of heavy cream and butter. I sauteed chopped garlic and stirred that in. Turned out creamy and like others say good for "instant potatoes".
I THINK I liked these better than the Carb Counters but only had them once. I'd like to try the garlicky parmesean next!
* This is not a substitute for stand along mashed potatoes. The recipe requires 1 med-large head of cauliflower, whatever that is. There is no alternate recipe on the package without the cauliflower. It is also not clear how the 4.8 net carbs per serving are calculated, with or without the cauliflower? Had I known this advertised mashed potato substitute required cauliflower, I would never have bought it.