* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
2 of 5 people found the following review helpful
3/5February 28, 2013
Reviewer: Cindy in Kansas
* I'm not sure how to rate this. The taste is very good but I'm using it in a blend with erythritol and stevia as I don't want to find the GI distress threshold for this product. It is not calorie free. I unfortunately threw away the wrapper but I believe the first ingredient is dextrose or sucrose or some -ose. I think it is a worthwhile product and 1/2 a cup of tagatose blended with 2 cups of Now Foods Erythritol and 1t of NuNaturals Stevia is an absolutely perfect sweetener, I think it's use is limited as it still contains 40% of the calories of sugar. I am ordering more as I think it is helpful in a blend.
* I love this product. It is indistinguishable from sugar in most applications. I do mix it with erythritol because of the possibilities of GI issues (haven't had any so far). It caramelizes and browns which the other sweeteners don't do, so it is great for barbecue sauce. It's still too costly to buy/use very much, though. Hope the price will come down soon--they should actually offer it for less to get people using it, then raise the price if necessary!
* The taste is very good.I would give the taste a 5 but I don't use it straight because of gi issues with it. My biggest fear is the GI distress many get with it. Because of this, I use it blended with erythritol and stevia. It does facilitate browning, even when blended with other sweeteners. It is not calorie free however, like many sweeteners. I'm not sure if I would buy it again. I need to work thru my first container before I decide.
* It is the most sugar-like of the non-sugar sweeteners, and I think that it helps the flavor of recipes because it browns. I'm looking forward to trying more with it than just as a helper sweetener in a blend.