* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
5/5October 29, 2014
Reviewer: Bryce in Indiana
* The noodles are fine, they aren't pasta. They don't really have a taste by themselves and have a smell until you wash them, I even boil them for 2-3 minutes and immediately wash them with cold water. If you're not a beginner adventurous eater while on your diet or carb free needs or whatever, you're not going to enjoy these. These are for people who don't mind a simple noodle replacement to give some bulk back to your food whether it be spaghetti or stir fry, etc. You're not ordering these for taste or texture, truthfully they remind me of a tentacle but of course they aren't. I've tried to get other people to try these noodles when I make them and they won't even try them because of the way they look. My recommendation is to have an open mind and open stomach. Once again, these aren't a pasta replacement and taste nothing like them. They only absorb the taste of food you've cooked it with. I put salt or garlic salt on mine sometime and give them a quick saute in a pan to "brown" them a little and it improves the taste to me.
* We've tried a few of these pastas, and this was one of the better ones. The taste and texture were good, but best of all to me was the lessened fishy smell when opening and rinsing. Well done, Nooodle!
* This noodle product seems a bit better than Shirataki or
Miracle or any others that I tried. I rinse them well,
then the last rinse I squeeze a lemon over all, swish it
around and then lightly rinse it off with water. No smell,
* As soon as this product was delivered, I tried it with tomato sauce and hamburg mixed together. It has a slight fishy smell when you first open the bag but it goes away after you rinse it. I boiled it for ten minutes after I rinsed it and I have to say it was delicious. The texture is different from pasta. It is a bit chewy. There is no taste. You can add whatever you want to this angel hair. I am a diabetic and cannot have pasta. This suits me just fine.
* This product is awesome...after a little "fixin". The texture is a weird and the color is not like pasta at all. Both of these can be fixed and you will end up with something that looks, tastes, and feels exactly like pasta al dente. Boil the noodles for about 20 minutes in water mixed with about 1/32 tsp of both brown and yellow food colorings. The result is exactly like traditional pasta. I used Wilton food colorings for cake icing. I imagine any will work.