* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
1/5February 26, 2016
Reviewer: Bonnie in California
* So I finally bit the bullet and bought myself one (1) individual pack of these things. I wanted to try them out without being stuck with a full box if it turned out that I didn't like them and let me tell you I AM SO GLAD I ONLY BOUGHT ONE!!!! First the good: they got the chocolate part right. Now the bad: the cups were EXTREMELY dry, and slightly bitter. They only vaguely tasted of peanut butter and not in a good way. I've seen reviews by some people online who say they love these things and are addicted to them. After having tried them first-hand myself, all I can think is that people who actually think this product tastes good must have damaged taste buds. YOU LITERALLY COULD NOT PAY ME TO EAT EVEN ONE MORE OF THESE HORRIBLE MONSTROSITIES!! If it were possible to give this product zero stars in this review, I would!! Save your money and your taste buds. Just make yourself a tasty, healthy chocolate peanut butter fat bomb at home.
* Do NOT buy a whole case of these before you try one! These are awful! I will eat just about anything. Except these. They are that bad. I read all the glowing reviews and though to myself why not? I bought a whole case. HUGE mistake. Okay they have a texture much like moistened sawdust. I can live with that. But they have a terrible aftertaste that if you remember drinking Tab cola or if you like to put four Sweet-N-Lows in your tea, then you may be okay with the acrid aftertaste of these. I highly recommend trying ONE before you make the same mistake I did.
* These are terrible. Chalky and unpleasant feel in the mouth not to mention the taste - not good. I love QuestBars but not these. I had high expectations and should have purchased one pack to try versus the 12 pack - total waste of money.
* Sorry, I couldn't get past the chalkiness. It does NOT have the mouth feel of peanut butter, which is oily/sticky; it is definitely and unpleasantly chalky. I've tried dunking them, taking a bite with a swallow of coffee or milk, nothing works. It's a shame, because I LOVE the Quest Bars!