* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
* Even though the instructions say to cook for 15 minutes, I knew that this type of "pasta" had to be cooked for a long more than that. I did the required 15 minutes in boiling water and then turned off the stove, covered it, and left it in there for around 5 extra minutes, drained.
The texture is a lot more spongy than regular pasta, but this is LOW CARB; pasta itself is the epitome of carbs, so please don't expect it to be JUST like regular pasta. This comes with two portions and even though I thought "man this isn't enough to fill me up" when I opened the package, I took a chance and was glad to see that, similar to pasta, it grows. The texture being a lot more spongy takes a bit of getting used to, but I think that the taste was very similar to pasta, and it retained the sauce well. For someone that lives on shirataki and zucchini noodles, this was just a great change.
I had 1 serving (50g) yesterday with Rao's marinara and 188g of broccoli. It was a super filling meal (I swear), even though I wasn't expecting it to be.
* Overall, I am happy with this pasta. Not too many carbs and tastes OK. The consistency is not exactly like traditional pasta as it is a bit coarse I suppose, not smooth. It tastes good. I made it as a side dish with chicken parmesan and it was a hit. There is only 2 portions in this package (wrapped like a bun), just FYI. I haven't had many other low carb pastas, but this one is better.
* First, I'd like to say that this product gives diabetics and low carb dieters the opportunity to have a pasta like product with very few carbs. It is good for use with creamy cheesy sauces, not tomato though.
The texture is very tough, chewy and gritty, not pasta like.
But what can you expect with so few carbs? You just need to decide if it is worth it. Carba Nada pasta has a much better taste and texture but is higher in carbs, however it is still quite low for pasta. So if you can tolerate the extra carbs it is the better option, but if not, this is better than nothing :-)
* This was disgusting, even for low carb/high protein. I drenched it with low carb pasta sauce, and it was still awful. It was very chewy and gritty, but I expected that. However, the taste was awful, too. I forced myself to eat several bites as not to waste it, but finally I just couldn't eat any more. I ended up throwing it away.