* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
5 of 5 people found the following review helpful
4/5December 10, 2013
Reviewer: Christee in South Carolina
* So far I've tried several products by the Great Low Carb Bread Company. I like the dinner rolls very much but don't know they differ so much from the Great Low Carb hamburger rolls that I need to devote precious freezer space to storing versions of both. The dinner rolls are not perfect but are by far the best low carb roll I've tried. They do suffer a bit from the typical low carb chewy/spongy, slightly dense texture. I'd say these are probably most comparable to sourdough rolls in texture and density (not in flavor), as opposed to the soft, sweet or crusty wheat-based rolls. I detect no off flavors. They freeze and defrost beautifully, so I tend to prepare them one at a time. All in all, these are a nice addition to soup and salad dinners or alongside a meal.
* My rating would have been a "5" a couple of months ago, but for some unknown reason the last order of these rolls that I received was made from a different recipe than the original dinner rolls. The rolls were no longer white, were misshapen, and I could see the difference in ingredients from an old package to the new package. The new recipe is not very good, and the rolls were full of huge air pockets, so that you really only got about half a roll, depending on how you cut it. The new recipe is also sweetened with Lo Han, which may be great for some, but the original dinner rolls were PERFECT and made great garlic bread. Not everything is supposed to be sweet! I wish could have bought and frozen several packages of the original rolls before they changed the recipe. Tell the Great Low Carb Bread Company to go back to their original recipe for dinner rolls - Please!
* Hi from sunny Australia... these rolls are great!! I love the onion ones too but these are plain so go with raspberry jam & cream.. yum yum equally as nice with vegemite 'n cheese or any other sweet or savoury topping or filling! These will be a staple in my freezer.
* While I normally love the Great Low Carb Bread Company products I was a little disappointed with these. The picture makes them look like more of a yeast roll and that is not the case. They are small and a little on the hard dry side. The flavor is fine. I just would have preferred a little lighter roll, but if you like the harder more like sour dough texture roll then you will like these. Overall not bad.