* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
5/5November 16, 2014
Reviewer: Karen in Nebraska
* I found all these bars to be exceptional and just as good as other bars. I'm shocked they are not getting more rave reviews. The buttons are excellent as well. I highly recommend all the chocolate products from LC. It is unfortunate that they are so costly, but all low carb goodies come at a high price.
* I bought one each of the Raspberry, Coconut and Dark chocolate bars but have only tried Raspberry and Coconut, so far. Portion size is one bar but they are scored into four blocks so if you are low carbing and want to limit how much you indulge, this is perfect. The bars had raspberry (or coconut) bits embedded into the bottom of the bar, giving a nice texture and flavor contrast. However, the chocolate itself was missing something, the taste was a bit flat, like it needed salt or something. I think if the bars had been infused with the flavors of the raspberry or coconut, they might have been a whole lot better. They're not bad and they do satisfy a chocolate craving but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy them again. There are better sugarfree, low carb bars out there.
* These bars are good, but not great. I have had both the milk chocolate & the dark chocolate. The milk chocolate bar definitely has that "cheap" chocolate feel & taste, again it isn't horrible it's just not great. The dark chocolate is a little bit better in taste & texture. I do like that they are sweetened with erythritol rather than maltitol, so I have no digestive issues with these bars. Overall I would give these bars a 3.5 stars, but I would have a hard time recommending them to friends.
* These bars have a disgusting moldy flavor. I left a negative review on the manufacturer's website, but like other negative reviews I have left there, it did not get published. I don't trust companies that cherry pick their product reviews, and I am disappointed that Netrition carries products without trying them.