* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
5/5February 23, 2014
Reviewer: A customer in Virginia
* I love this sweetener. I made a low carb carrot cake and it was sooo good!
* I was not impressed with this product. It tasted chemical-like with a bitter aftertaste. I can taste the bitterness in all stevia products. I am just sorry that I spent so much money on such a dud. I am being generous with the 2-stars because I haven't cooked with it (and probably won't either--I don't want to waste the other ingredients).
* Absolutely GHASTLY I'm sorry to say. I'm not a picky eater and normally I can find a way to use up something in ways that my husband and I like but I ruined 5 recipes using this to no avail. The taste is just horrible and overpowers whatever you use it in.
I made baked beans, a cake, chocolate chip cookies....I don't recall what else I used it in but in any case, we couldn't tolerate the flavor and I ended up throwing the rest of the bag away. If you need brown sugar flavoring for something you are making I recommend trying a sugar free brown sugar syrup instead. You may have to alter your recipes some because the syrup is a liquid but I've found it's much better tasting.
* I've used this to make homemade cranberry sauce and pulled pork bbq. Overusing can definitely make things WAY too sweet and when mixing into liquid, it tends to clump and it's a pain to break all of it down, so I recommend adding the dry ingredients first, and then stirring in any wet ingredients to avoid the frustration. I can't miss brown sugar at all when I have this in the house.
* I love this product and have used it for several months. This is the only low-carb brown sugar alternative that I have found. I use it as a replacement in any recipe that calls for regular brown sugar, typically this would be in baked goods, but it works equally as well in my steak marinade and in baked beans.
* I love this sweetener! I've used it in baked goods and also in low carb baked soybeans. Delicious! And I love that it is very low carb...I can never find a brown sugar sweetener in my local market that doesn't contain quite a few carbs. I think I may try some of the other sweeteners by this brand since we've been so pleased with this one. A definite thumbs up from our family! :)