* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
5/5January 28, 2015
Reviewer: Erin in Washington
* AMAZING! This is by far the best sugar-free chocolate I've eaten. NO MALTITOL! I've tried Almond, Original, and Coconut. I prefer the coconut one for snacking on but the original is great for baking. I also use Lily's chocolate chips for baking too. One of the benefits of this chocolate is the high fiber content which is a great bonus as I try and eat 25-30g of fiber a day.
* Lily's Dark Chocolate bars are wonderful! The chocolate is smooth, with just the right balance of sweeteners to taste like sugar-sweetened chocolate. Because they're sweetened with stevia and erythritol, there are no digestive issues (which is what normally drives me far away from sugar-free chocolates). This is the first truly low-carb chocolate I've found, and it's a great treat.
* Lily's chocolate bars are amazing, and that goes for all flavors because we've tried them all. My husband and I can split a bar for an indulgent-tasting sweet that we know will not cause stomach upset because it is sweetened with stevia. The chocolate chips bake well in my low-carb cookie and cake recipes, and melt well for a chocolate drizzle across something. Finding these was a diet-saver because the bigger candy companies all use maltitol or other sugar alcohols that really can leave your tummy churning and cramping, and this chocolate is just really delicious and high-quality without causing stomach pain.
* When it comes to chocolate I'm extremely picky. This is now my absolute favorite chocolate bar! I've even given this chocolate bar to other people who aren't "cutting carbs" or "sugar" and they had no idea that it was sweetened with Stevia. They all just thanked me and then ask where they could buy them. If your tired of low-carb chocolate bars that just aren't the same as their sugar loaded counter parts, try these. I promise you won't be disappointed!
This review is specific to No Sugar Added Dark Chocolate Bars, Almond
* These are, hands down, the best sugar-free chocolates I've ever tasted (and I think I've tried them all). I actually prefer them over regular dark chocolate bars. No digestive issues, no blood sugar spikes - a real winner. I'm waiting for cooler weather to stock up on some more.
* These have to be the best sugar free chocolates I've tried. I love that they don't use sucralose (artificial) or maltitol (GI issues). There is no after taste or chemical taste to them. They are a great find!