* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
2/5January 24, 2007
Reviewer: Jan in Australia
* Sadly, I'm with Texas on this review.
The sauce has an unusual smokey flavour. My canadian friend tried it and loved it and said it tasted like "real bbq sauce"
So I think if you like "real" smokey bbq flavour then this will do you. If you however like the sweet sticky type sauce more often available, I don't think you will like it.
Everything else of Jok'n'Al range though is SUPERB so don't let this one product put you off their range.
* Unlike the previous reviewer, I really disliked this sauce. It has a strange "off" taste and doesn't taste like a real BBQ sauce at all. I purchased it for use straight up, as a dip for string cheese (try it, you'll like it!) and while the smell of the sauce was great, the taste didn't follow. I'll be making my own bbq sauce from now on...
* This does NOT taste like BBQ sauce. It's not terrible, just doesn't taste like BBQ sauce. It reminded me more of a cocktail sauce. I bought it because it had good reviews, but obviously people's taste in BBQ sauce varies by a wide margin. It had a lot of garlic, but I couldn't detect spices other than that. Kind of a ketchup/garlic sauce, I guess. Has a bit of a "fake" taste, which I expect and condone in low carb products, but I really expected some kind of BBQ spices to be in it. I won't be buying another bottle.
* I can't fathom those that are giving this a high review. This tastes terrible compared to the gold standard, the now discontinued KC Masterpiece Classic low calorie sauce. The next best option I've found is Smokin' Joe Jones' sauce, sold here at Netrition, which I'd give a 3.5/5 rating. I'm going to try Walden Farms' 0 calorie sauce next, but my expectations are not really very high.