* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
9 of 9 people found the following review helpful
4/5October 31, 2006
Reviewer: Jacquqeline in Missouri
* Very thick, slightly tart, and really good on just about everything ; hamburgers, chili. I mix it with mayonnaise, chopped onion and small amount of pickle relish to make a great Thousand Island dressing. This is wonderful for my type I diabetic husband and my type II diabetic self.
* Finally a sugar free cranberry sauce that is perfect with chicken and turkey. My only complaint is the jellied sauce is filled with pieces of cranberry skin that should have been strained out. I use a garlic press to get the skins out and then enjoy the cranberry jelly the way I like it. Will be re-ordering
This review is specific to Low Calorie Cranberry Sauce
* I rated it a 4 only because of the carbs and sugar listed on the bottle says 3 carbs and 2 sugars. When i was ordering it at netrition, i looked at the nutrition facts and it says 2 carbs and 1 sugar so my question is, which one is correct?
* Editors note. Nutritional information has been updated.
* This was really good. Sweet but a little bit of spice. I used it on some broiled shrimp, but think it would be better as a basting sauce for a pork loin. Overall, very tasty. I will probably buy this again.
* I think this is the best low carb bbq sauce, I have tried. However, I do think it could use a bit more sweetness. Of course, that's easily solved by adding a touch of splenda. I also find that it doesn't glaze very well, during the baking process, but for low-carb, without sugar I guess I shouldn't expect it to. Overall, it's terrific though. Even my sister, who is a very picky eater (and not a low-carber) has started ordering this bbq sauce as a result of trying it at my house.
* I used this sauce for a chicken stir-fry, and it was very good. It wasn't "wonderful," and worth a 5 rating because I wasn't expecting it to be spicier and/or sweeter than it was. Next time I might try adding a bit of sweetener to it before cooking with it. Definitely worth purchasing again, however, and considerably low in carbs next to the grocery store equivalent.