* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
4 of 5 people found the following review helpful
5/5August 21, 2008
Reviewer: candace in Utah
* This may sound really strange but this stuff tastes exactly like McDonald's sweet & sour sauce... (but better!)which I have loved my whole life. Before I went low carb I used to attempt to smuggle packages of the stuff home with me for chicken and other food I made at home. I will continue to order this product for as long as they make it. It's not too sweet, has a fantastic texture, and goes well with just about any savory food you can put it on.
* This stuff is awesome. It reminds me of pepper jelly that people in the South eat on crackers with cream cheese. A little thinner, but so much better for you than the real sugar jelly. Spicy/sweet. This arrived today and I tried it out with tonight's dinner (broiled shrimp). My 11 year old son loved it, too; we will be placing a large order for this next time!
* It makes total sense to me that this product comes out of New Zealand, because NZ and Australia, for obvious geographic reasons, are much more involved with the Southeast Asian food than we are in the U.S., and this sauce is EXACTLY what you get to dip your dumplings in a restaurant in Thailand (well, the Thais would add about 18 more chilies, but they'd look at me and know that I couldn't handle the real McCoy). If you like Thai or Malaysian or Indonesian food, this stuff will make you very very happy. It's great for cooking chicken or shrimp, and it makes a terrific dip (my fave: a toasted cheddar sandwich on low-carb bread, with a little dipping bowl of this on the side). Oh, and Southerners who are missing pepper jelly? This stuff will totally set you right. On a low-carb cracker with a blob of cream cheese? YES Ma'am.
* This is a fabulous product. Pour it over a round of brie, add sliced almonds and bake till cheese is soft. Then wait for rave reviews of your culinary talents! Sweet, and tangy chutney makes all the difference. Just ordered 4 more bottles.